Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Note to self 7-21

Dear Self,

How come you let me write that note when that very afternoon our hands got more numb than they have EVER been. In fact, they are so numb and are also weak. I feel pretty good energy-wise, but I can't type very well. I went to Zumba today, and tried to take it easy. It was very hot in Zumba. It is not hot outside.

While I was Zumba-ing, I felt good (hey and our knees didn't hurt), and now, I feel no worse, but my hands are still really numb. So numb that they are weak. I've dropped (or almost dropped) a lot of stuff. This morning, I called and got an appointment with the neurologist.

It's been almost 12 years since the numbness started. I last saw the neurologist ~10 or 11 years ago. She had done an MRI and said, you're fine, don't come back unless you get worse. I have never felt "worse" so I haven't gone back. I did lots of googling in Scholar.google.com and have several articles I want to take with me. I would like to have another MRI to learn if the areas of demyelination have grown or changed.

I guess, this extra-numb hands thing could be related to how hot it was over the weekend, but I've not had numbness that has been this bad and lasted when I cooled off. Usually, I feel CRAPPY. Who knows, maybe it's nothing. We'll hope for nothing.

Okay, we should pack the little girls up and go to the grocery store.

Love,
Me

1 comment:

RUTH said...

I'm glad you're going to see the neurologist. Good luck.