Saturday, April 18, 2009

Whooooooosh

That was this week. It was busy.

I wrote lots. I worked lots.

I have a new favorite song, but I'll tell you about that later. If you know me in real life or facebook (or both) you'll probably have heard/read about it.

I am exhausted.

Since it was spring break, yesterday, MWH and I took the day off and took the girls to a local amusement park for little kids. It was super fun. The thing that appealed to the bargain-hunter in me was that the tickets we were regular admission price (read expensive) but were tied to a promotional deal. The deal means we can get in the whole season with them and not pay any more admission! Woo! I doubt we'll have time to go more than once or twice more, but still, it's nice to have two or three visits for the price of one! (It'll be free, except for the parking and their over-priced, unhealthy food. Ugh. The food. Just ugh.)

In addition to the work, the local amusement park also made me exhausted. I don't like being in the sun or heat. I'm going to buy a nice little sun hat I've decided. A straw kind of one with lots of air circulation at the top and a fairly big brim. And yes, I will be getting wet with the girls in the water splash area.

One other super great thing about this little amusement park is that kids over 36 inches tall can often go on rides by themselves! I like a good roller coaster, but I don't like the spin-y rides. If we didn't have at least two children, I wouldn't send them alone, but since there are three of them, they can go together and MWH and I can stand and watch. Or sit in the shade and watch.




Here's a picture of MWH and the girls on the Ferris Wheel. (Heh.) Must get back to work now.

1 comment:

Swistle said...

My grandparents used to take my brother and me to an amusement park. They'd set up camp on a shady bench and read books and eat grapes while we went on ride after ride after ride after ride. Totally fun.