Saturday, April 11, 2009

When they get noisy...

Sometimes, the three little girls can get very noisy. When this occurs, and I can't take it any more, I tell them, if you can stay quiet for five-minutes, I will give you a nickel. Then I set the timer on the microwave (or iPhone, whichever is handier). It works. It only costs me 15 cents if they all make it, and the silence is worth every penny. This morning, I introduced the girls to the phrase, "double or nothing." We played for 10 minutes. It cost a bit more, but it was worth it.

4 comments:

Alice said...

That totally would have worked on me! In fact it sounds like something my mom would do.

When I was a kid and my sister and I had out cousins over for a sleepover, she had a game that worked everytime:
If we were having a hard time settling down to go to sleep, she would come and sit in the room - and whoever was the first to get to sleep would wake up with a loonie (I'm Canadian) under their pillow.

You're girls will probably remember this game fondly when they grow up! ...and will likely use the same trick on their own kids someday.

Alice said...

Oops, should have proof-read:

Should be 'your' in the last paragraph

Anonymous said...

That is so clever. I usually just sit and stew over it until I boil over and have a tourette's like outburst of how they're driving me crazy. ha ha ha

Zaz said...

I HATE it when I typo you're for your (and vice versa)! Silly English.

That trick would have worked on me too!