Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sunday

1. My house needs to be cleaned from Top-to-Bottom. I have no desire to do it. I am sure that within the next couple of weeks, I will get most of it cleaned, but this thought completely overwhelms me. I want to start with our bathroom floor. Ugh. Or maybe the kitchen floor. Less ugh.

2. We will hopefully get dressed and walk over to see this little farm close to our house. It's super fun in spring. You have to get there before 1:30 though to see the baby animals. This will be a challenge.

3. The whole family slept in until the 9 o'clock hour. Then the little girls came up and snuggled in bed with us and watched a tv show. It is rare that a) we all sleep in and b) we don't have to leap out of bed and get somewhere. It was nice!

4. I'll come back to Ultimate Fitness later.*

5. I"m not thinking about the loft and organizing it yet. We've started, but we have so much stuff. Part of the stuff up there are materials from grad school. I have my dissertation readings, materials from the research with data, and a lot of the initial writing I did on it in a box. How does one toss their "Dissertation in a box?" I can't. Maybe a better person could.

The dissertation represents a good year of my life and the culmination of six years of hard work. It was only the beginning. Now, 12 years post-doctoral degree, I feel like I kind of know something. It's so exciting because the field** I am in has made a little bit of progress in the last 12 years. If you go back 20 years to when I started, it does seem more advanced. Exciting.



*Assuming some other crazy thing doesn't occur in my life to distract me.

**It's hard to know exactly what "my field" is. I feel I sit at the crossroads of 4 disciplines (T, E, D, P).

No comments: