Thursday, April 30, 2009

PSA

Today, I had a mammogram. I had that BIG birthday in February and finally had time to schedule the appointment. The center where I go has a whole Breast Health Center in it. It was lovely. It was new. My mammogram was performed by a cute pregnant woman. It's kind of reassuring to have a pregnant woman giving you a mammogram--you know the radiation dosage must be low when a pregnant woman is in the room!

At the end of all the smushing, she asked, "Would you like to wait for your results? It'll be about 25 minutes." I said, "Sure." I had an article to read and I'm really glad I did wait. Apparently, on one of the images they saw something and needed me to go back in and get smushed again and take another look. Since I waited, they could just grab me and do the additional pictures and tell me that everything looked fine within about 10 minutes. If I would have left, I would have had to have 1) scheduled, 2) gone back for more pictures and 3) waited around again. Can you imagine the anxiety?

I <3 the Breast Health Center at the Medical Group.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad it all turned out OK and now I know when it's my turn to hang out & wait for the results. Smart girl, you!

Zaz said...

Wow, so not looking forward to that kind of appointment.