Thursday, April 30, 2009

It's official

MWH is the only person left on the face of the earth who is not a member of facebook. That's okay. I don't mind (stoic pose).

I <3 zumba. We knew that. I am so sore. This week has been a tough workout week.

I've been very busy googling about the swine flu. I find flu, disease, and germs fascinating. They creep me out and I get obsessed.

The first web site I look at in the morning is CDC. The last one I visit at night is also CDC. Plus a few times during the day. I think I understand why the alert from the CDC is so high so that in case the flu gets worse, we'll have the funding and the vaccination in place. We just don't know what's going to happen. One of my new favorite blogs is Effect Measure. Nice writing on the swine flu subject. I keep almost typing flwine. Maybe we can shorten swine flu to that.

Maybe I should take a moment to think about the diseases/disorders that have captured my interest over the years.

1) gangrene (discussed it a great deal in a report I did on a war)
2) botulism (did a report on it in middle school)
3) ebola (loved hot zone and the other book...)
4) totally freaked out about anthrax, but couldn't think about it because I was pregnant
5) hanta virus
6) chicken pox (I've never had it)
7) Transverse Myelitis
8) Cystic Fibrosis (I worked with some children who had it)
9) Kidney Failure
10) West Nile Virus
11) SARS (but not as much as the others)
12) Infertility

Last night, another blogger pointed me to Bubonic Plague resources, but I'm not even going to link because it freaked me out a little. We can't forget Migraines....

Okay... I should get back to work, eh?

No comments: