Friday, January 30, 2009

A stroke of genius

oNe really is NOT a morning person. Neither are we (her parents), so we sympathize. Both MWH and I remember how much we hated having our parents wake us in the morning. They seemed so perky. They would do things like pour cold water on us. It was AWFUL.

Suffice it to say, getting oNe up for school is not easy. I wait until 8:15 and drag her (literally) out of bed. I have her clothes waiting in the bathroom and I leave her downstairs to get dressed while I pop her frozen (organic, whole grain with flax) waffle in the toaster.

Lately, it's been harder to get her out of bed. I finally came up with something to motivate her. She DOES NOT want to buy hot lunch at school. I've been telling her, if you don't get up quickly, I won't have time to make your lunch and you'll have to buy hot lunch. She's been springing out of bed when I say that.

Why didn't I think of this motivational tactic sooner?

No comments: