Saturday, January 31, 2009

2:47 am (I think)

I was sound asleep. Three-a was crying. I was trying to ignore it. I could hear her climbing up the stairs crying so I knew something was wrong. I didn't want to get up, but I am the MOMMY so I got up. Three-a was crying because she thought she heard an owl. I reassured her that it wasn't an owl and that even if it was, it wouldn't get her.


(In my sleepy state, I almost told her, it's probably not an owl, it's probably a coyote, but that could have backfired.)

She went back to sleep fairly easily. A couple of kisses from me with a nice tuck-in and she calmed down enough. I went back to sleep fairly easily too. Whew.

1 comment:

RUTH said...

H and K are scared of owls. The owls we have here are moreporks. I love them. I think it is special to hear them and I really love listening to them calling across the valleys to each other in the night. But last winter if H & K remembered the owls they would rush to get to bed and asleep quickly so they wouldn't hear them.