Monday, June 09, 2008

a crowning achievement

This weekend, after nearly 12 years of trying, I achieved nose milk with MWH.

Okay, it wasn't actually out of his nose, and it wasn't milk, but it was good!

Scene:

K (4) and N (6.4) were eating outside on the balcony. MWH was supervising them. I was cooking dinner. T (2.8) was sleeping.

Me: (Entering the balcony carrying a bowl of food) You know how they have corn salsa? I just invented salsa corn. (Corn with a little salsa mixed into it.)

(MWH reaches for the bowl and takes a bite.)

Me: But I haven't tasted it yet.

MWH starts laughing so hard he starts convulsing. He continues to lean over the balcony laughing and drooling for quite a while. I was afraid he might choke on the corn, but I was laughing hard too. I was ready to do the Heimlich if need be.

He said the timing on my delivery was excellent.

I didn't get milk out of the nose, but I did manage salsa drool. What do you think? Does it count? I do plan to keep going in my quest until milk actually comes out of the nose.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it counts. I don't think I've ever made Guy laugh that hard but he has certainly made me laugh A LOT. He's hilarious and doesn't even know it half the time.