Saturday, June 28, 2008

blogiquette?

What is the etiquette around this issue...

I read the blog of a Mom who lives in my area. I don't know where she lives exactly, but from what she writes it seems like she lives 10-15 miles away. I never expected to run into her unless I was near the area I imagined to be her stomping grounds.

However, the other day, I was leaving my coffee shop, the one I go to EVERY DAY, and she was walking up to the door. She was kind of far away at first and I thought, hey, that looks like B_______. I then noted she had two little boys with her and check B_______ has two little boys. She looked a lot like her picture. When I saw her, I was alone, on my way to work, so I didn't have any of the little girls with me. B_______ might have thought I was a crazy-type if I'd said something to her and didn't look like another Mommy-blogger-type.

I have commented on her blog a couple of times, but as far as I can tell, she hasn't read my blog, and she definitely hasn't commented. (I usually stop by the blogs of everyone who comments and comment on their blog if they comment on mine... that seems like appropriate blogiquette, eh?)

Of course, she doesn't know that I live near her as I don't discuss my location, in specifics, on my blog. So, if I ever see her again*, do I say anything?

Choices:
Do I say, "Hey, are you B_______? I read your blog."
Do I just look all friendly and wave?
Do I do nothing?
Should I leave her a comment and let her know we're in the same area?

A little more information for you as you help me with this....At the moment, I'm actually not looking for more friends. It sounds bad to say, but I have enough friends. I don't have time for more. I like to do things well and having more friends would mean I would take away time from the ones I have, or from my family. (Is that awful of me to say that I don't currently want more friends????)



*Who knows what the chances are that I will see her again. We live in a large metropolitan area with lots of coffee shops! (She likes coffee too.)

1 comment:

RUTH said...

I would either opt for "Hey, are you B____? I read your blog" or doing nothing. Looking friendly and waving will just confuse. Go with the first one if you're feeling social and doing nothing if you're feeling antisocial.