Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Tuesday

This morning, T (2.25) woke me up at 6:48 am. That's really early around these parts. After half-of-an-hour of trying to sleep with her poking me I gave up and started to take her back to her room. As I was heading for her room, I slipped on the stairs. I fell, dropped her, and she tumbled down some stairs. She was scared and crying and I was scared. MWH came running out to check on us (he heard the thump-thump-thump and screams). (I've never seen him move so quickly at that hour!) T and I were both fine. We snuggled for another 1/2 hour and then she and I went back to sleep (9 for me and 10 for her). I'm so glad she's okay. It was scary watching her fall down the stairs and being hopeless. She keeps saying, "I was holding you and I dropped you and fell on the stairs." I ask, "Were you scared?" She says, "Yes and I cried and cried." Poor girl.

The rest of the day, I've been a little, groggy. It's always the case when sleep gets disrupted.

I spent about an hour talking with a colleague about a new project idea. We concluded our ideas were "orthogonal." Truly, they are. It's okay... My supervisor wants me to pursue my idea a bit more and talk more again on Thursday.

We got word that we got a new client today. We're happy, but my supervisor's supervisors were less than enthusiastic and we were a bit annoyed by their reaction.

When I got home from work, slightly late because of trying to figure out why the upper supervisors weren't happy, n3nny had to go and I had very whiny children and I was very tired. Not a good combination. At one point N (5.9) and K (3.5) were both screaming and I had to throw my head back and laugh to keep from screaming too. Good times. I'm not even going to blog about what I got to do with T (2.25) tonight--let's just say I got some extra mommy points. More good times.

It's okay. It's not a horrible day, just not really one for the blog. I'm blogging this much because it wouldn't be a fair picture if I didn't, but the details aren't important.

No comments: