Saturday, December 08, 2007

Lovely

This morning, I woke up at 9. Lovely. One of the little girls was awake, but she watched a video, and the other two slept until about 10. Really, it doesn't get much better.

The little girls have been playing and mostly ignoring their parents this morning because they want to play with each other. We feel obsolete, but happy.

I guess N (5.9) didn't ignore us completely. She got up, sat down at the kitchen table, and told me NOT TO LOOK AT WHAT SHE WAS DOING. A little bit later she presented MWH and me a card with a wreath and candy cane drawn on the front and writing on the inside that said,
Mommy I love you
Daddy I love you


Did I tell you how T (2.25) gives K (3.5) the biggest hugs and says, "I love you" when they are reunited after separations? They do this when T goes with me to get K from preschool, when K comes out of her gymnastics class, and when K comes home from school. In public, their hugging action causes most people to stop, and say "awww." It is really cute. As their Mom, I totally melt into a big goopy puddle of Mommy.

Another fun thing is a game T and I play... It's the "I love you so much game..." It involves lots of hugging and telling each other "I love you SOOOOOO much!" Everyone wins. If I try to play the game when she's not in the mood for it, she'll look at me very seriously and say, "I don't want to love you so much."

It's not Love Thursday but there isn't any reason to wait until a Thursday for love!

No comments: