Monday, December 24, 2007

The eve -- Part 2

I had even less time than I expected today, but it's been a fun day (except the girls have been WHINIER (oh goodness the whining!) than usual).

This morning, around 10 am, Miss K (3.5) and I ran to the toy store with the backwards R to get her sisters a present. N (5.9) had already gotten her presents for the sisters, but I hadn't had a chance to take K. (Note to self, make sure K really understands WHO we are buying things for--that she is NOT getting anything before we go. Next year, it should be a bit easier. She will be older.)

K picked great presents for her sisters. She got N a Littlefoot Dinosaur. N's favorite things right now are dinosaurs. She also loves Land Before Time. She prefers the "knock-off" sequels (as Wikipedia describes them) to the original. K got T a cool Diego book. Diego's one of T's favorite things.

After the store we came home, ate lunch, played and eventually went to see our neighbors. We hung out with them for a few hours. We really like our neighbors. I'll have to tell you more about them later, but suffice it to say, we're thrilled we have people we like next door. Most excellent!

Now, we're home and I need to get off the computer and get the little girls to bed soon. Last night, they didn't go to bed until 10:40-ish. We didn't let T or K nap this afternooon/evening, so they'll be ready for bed soon. I'm hoping for all lights OUT by 9 pm. MWH and I have to wrap presents still.

Theoretically, I'll do a little more work on the thing I was working on this morning. I'm making some progress. It's good.

No comments: