Monday, November 26, 2007

Perhaps?

Perhaps some of the things I've been saying are are finally starting to become part of my own understanding. I hope so... I have to keep saying them over and over to "get it."

More on my class soon. I have lots to tell you...

1) The student who brought me chocolates...
2) The totally stressed out student who I like very much but is still driving me crazy...
3) All about the papers I'm grading
4) How one of my students said something in class today that was unbelievably annoying ...

Last semester, one of my students actually asked me, "Are you going say anything important today?" She had come in to class to tell me she was going to miss that day because she had to study for a test for another class. That's fine. She's an adult and can make her own mind up about the top priority...

However, asking if I was going to say anything important "that day" was an insult. Pretty much every professor will tell a student, "Everything I say is important." It's not because we think we are the bees-knees, but because we are the person assessing the performance in the class--if you listen to a professor, chances are you'll do better in the class!

Lecture over.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear about the class!