Sunday, August 05, 2007

Little T

Miss T (ALMOST 2) is such a sweetie. She's just talking up a storm. Today she told me, "Look, a plane. Plane flying up in the sky, Mommy."

About two seconds later she told me, "Alfred cleans up the floors." I wonder what's the link she has in her little brain between planes and Alfred.

Tonight before bed she nursed and snuggled to sleep. Such a big girl and such a baby. It is getting easier having little girls instead of babies, but how did my last baby grow up so fast?


Edited to add: Um, duh, the link is both planes and Alfred are animate objects. I think T has some of the concept of animate/living and animate/not alive. She won't fully get the concept of living/not living for a while because of plants. Plants are ODD. They are alive, but they don't move. This concept doesn't typically get mastered until preschool-ish/early elementary. (Trust me, I'm a professional. See here for a lesson plan with young elementary students.)

No comments: