Monday, August 13, 2007

Literally...

We had a day at the beach today--literally and figuratively. MWH and I took vacation days both Friday and today. On Friday, he and I went to see Harry Potter #5 with some good friends. That was fun. (It HAD to have been fun. It took about 40 emails to arrange for the 8 friends to find a common day. It was definitely worth all the emails!)

Today, we went to the beach. It's about an hour from our house to the beach. Last summer, because of everything going on, we never made it to the beach. It was kind of pathetic, and I was sad, but the little girls were so young... It was hard to juggle naps and etc. (Oh yea, and that remodeling of the house thing!) This year, the 3 little girls were older and the nap schedule is much easier. I'm so glad we went. They were amazingly good so it was fun! K (3) and N (5.5) played with me in the ocean and T (almost 2) played in the sand with MWH. T touched the water and decided she didn't like it. I was surprised--in the swimming pool, she's a fish! The waves seemed to scare her and she wasn't. going. in. the. water!

I was probably just as surprised that K wanted to play in the splashy waves as I was that T didn't. K tends to get scared easily, but she went in the water for about an hour. When N, K and I were in the ocean holding hands, I wanted to capture the memory and exist on it. We were running and laughing. It was amazingly simple and delightful. They are so young and sweet.






On another note, I'm a big fan of sun protective swimwear. We got our suits here. (Yea, I'm doing a little ad for them. I really liked them.) Today was a really sunny day at the beach. I decided we needed a Sun Tent. I just found this and I think I want it! I'm just not into roasting in the sun at all. I was slathered in sunscreen, but I feel I still got some sun. If I wasn't in the water, I was whining to MWH about how sunny it was. I like overcast days at the beach... Yea, I'm weird.

Hope you all had a fun Monday!

No comments: