Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Don't panic....

Really good advice.

Topic One
I'm trying not to panic about how much work I have to do to get prepared for this class. I waffle back and forth between thinking I'm in good shape and then thinking there's NO WAY I will ever get everything done before the class starts. I need to make sure I'm doing things thoughtfully and that I'm not doing too many new things. I'm trying. I like to do new things, but I need to make sure there aren't too many new things... It's a tough thing to balance.


Topic Two
I have to deal with closing a retirement account that was created for me when I was in grad school. I thought it was closed already... It wasn't... Now MWH and I have to figure out some tax stuff... SIGH.

I shouldn't complain because it's my money they want to give me, but I never wanted the account in the first place. The University made me take it. Back when I was a graduate student, I would have preferred having the cash instead of having some of my money put in a retirement account for me. Now, given that I have NO time, nor interest in figuring out all the tax stuff, I really wish they could have just given the cash to me back then.

Topic Three
I'm still suffering from an identity crisis. It's mostly better. I have accepted that I'm a mere mortal and that I need to sleep. I have a lot to write about this topic (mere mortal status and the changes I'm making to make things better for our family), but no time to do it right now.

Topic Four
I should go work out since I haven't done a good work out since August 1. Last week, I was sick. This week, I am much better! Yippee. My energy is pretty much back! Thank goodness! I need it!

A funny thing though... MWH liked my energy last week. I thought I was so dragging.... He thought I seemed, well, normal. I guess I am a little, um, energetic. I'm working on taking it down a notch... see Topic Three.


Topic Five
K (3).... She's "bored" at the nanny's house. Thank goodness I decided to put her in preschool 5 days a week. I have no doubt she's bored. She's very smart and she LOVES to get out and do exciting! things! She ALWAYS has. Ever since she was really little. You could tell she loved to go places. At the nanny's house, they don't get out... They literally stay there all afternoon. For N, this is great. For T, she likes it. For K, it's torture. Only 3 more weeks until she starts preschool. Only 9 more days until N (5.5) starts kindergarten.


Topic Six
I want to go on record saying, I'm NOT actually complaining about any of this stuff. These things are not that bad. I'm just feeling overwhelmed and I want to record my overwhelmed status for my own sake so I can remember. (Not sure why, but I do.)

No comments: