Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Inexplicable

Right after our trip/vacation, T (22 months) decided she DID NOT WANT TO TAKE A BATH. There was much screaming. She'd take a shower with me, but NO BATH. This was odd because she's always been a bath girl. Before this little episode she'd play for HOURS in the tub. It was also odd because even while she was on her bath strike, she loved to go swimming and even go under water in the pool.

Anyway, I'm happy to report that tonight, after 3 weeks, and as inexplicably as the NO BATH stage started, it ended. Tonight, T wanted to take a bath. She wanted to play and play and play.

One other thing about the end of this strike is that she said she wanted to take a bath because she wanted to play with a bath-toy version of Thomas the Train. That's not so odd, but for the last week or so she's been saying she doesn't like Thomas or any choo-choos. If either of her sisters watch a train video she cries. She was crying at 5:30 pm tonight when I put on a Thomas video for N (5.5).

I've said ti before and I'm sure I'll say it again....kids are weird! They are cute, but weird!

No comments: