Monday, July 16, 2007

I do too much

I do too much. We all know it and we all agree. (If you disagree, let me know in the comments.) I am trying to find a way to cut back, but I really don't know what I don't want to give up. I am NOT going to think about it now. I am going to go work on the seminar and get some more things accomplished.

On a related note, I just had a fabulous meeting with another instructor at [local state] University who teaches the same course as I'm getting ready to teach. I am very hopeful that we can help each other in positive ways. We seem to be complementary to each other. She has one set of skills and I have another. That's what makes the best collaborations I've found. If you both are good at the SAME things, then you keep re-doing each other's work and never get the product out. If you've got complementary skills, then when something is "done" the other person tends not to mess with it.

I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: