Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Listing

I have so much I want to write (so I can remember) but I have no time. Let's see how far I get in 10 minutes. Warning, there will be no organization to the post that follows. It's stream-of-consciousness, baby.

1. The kitchen counter tops are in and even installed in our kitchen. I saw them in very dim light, but I think I like them. Picture if you will, cherry cabinets with a dark counter top. Someday, I'll share pictures. It's starting to look like we might be moving in someday. I hope 12/23. That's when I have the movers booked.

2. My supervisor left for "the trip" today. Errrr, it was his last 1/2 day at work today and his flight leaves tomorrow. I had a mad scramble morning and now it's done. Errrr, it's not "done" but now it's just thinking time for me. I'm trying to figure out the best way to say things and trying to anticipate questions. I've been doing background reading on the man we'll be meeting with. We'll call him Mr. DC. (No, I'm not going to DC.) Hopefully the meeting with Mr. DC will be the start of something. That's why I'm naming him.

3. I have this tendency, after I wash my hands, to not dry them very well. I do a cursory sweep of them over the towel and that removes some of the water, but they tend to be pretty wet still. It's become a running joke that I like to give MWH hugs right after washing my hands because I like to dry my still wet hands on his shirt. I don't do this on purpose, but I do do it. Tonight, I tried (not realizing I was doing it) again. We were both rolling with laughter when he pointed it out.

4. N (almost 5!) just called T (15.5 months) the "laughing sister." It's true, T laughs all the time.

5. My favorite moment this morning was when N (almost 5!) and K (2.5) were out in the hallway and discussing the time. We've told K she can't come into our room until the digital clock in the hallway says 8 as the first number. This morning the clock said 9 as the first number. K wasn't sure if she could get up. Their conversation was so cute...

K: It doesn't say 8. Is it too early?
N: It says 9, and that's a GREAT time to get up.

I agree! I was delighted that K slept until 9! The only problem is that I've not slept past 8 for so long that even though she didn't wake us, I was up at 8.

6. I almost forgot a meeting this morning. It's a good thing the calendar on my crackberry didn't. I will be so glad when I have a little less on my plate. It's just crazy right now.

7. Someday I have to tell you more about the class I'll be teaching in January. It's on Human Development. I am excited because for most of the semester we'll be focusing on conception - age 5.

8. I am so glad that my company switched to an online reimbursement system for travel. The system SUCKS. In fact, it sucks so much that the admins are the only people who know how to use it, so it means I don't have to do my own reimbursements any more. I heart the system. I hope it takes a long time to fix!

9. N (almost 5!) has a pretty bad cold. She didn't go to preschool yesterday and was bouncing off the walls, so today she went. When I picked her up, she was exhausted. She came home and slept for two hours. I felt horrible that I let her go. It's so hard to know. She just woke up. She doesn't want to eat anything because, in her words, "Food doesn't taste good because I'm sick."

10. I made my Mom's Christmas Card today. She's doing better. She's sounding stronger and I am so relieved and thankful. More about that soon.

Okay... That was 15 minutes.



No comments: