Thursday, December 14, 2006

It's all about the house

Today I went to the new house and met with a person selling window treatments. I took care of ordering the kitchen, the bedrooms and for the doors in the living room. I need to order something for the living room windows (most likely shutters.. DM, I have questions!), and something for two picture windows. I went wtih this company because for the bedrooms, I want things quickly. For the remaining windows, I might try to be a little more thoughtful and do a little more comparison shopping. I just didn't have time to do that for the bedrooms. It's done. Moving on.

I also am thinking about the design of things for the closets in all the rooms. I'm not doing majorly complex, but it still takes time.

Oh, they put the toliets in today! And the plumbing in our bathroom, and the kitchen! The other two bathrooms need counter tops before we can put in the sinks.

Our painter, remember the one I didn't really like, well, he's got some major touch-up work to do on the outside of the house. MAJOR. Fortunately we haven't paid him all that he needs for the job. He'll be back.

We need to put on a coat of semi-gloss paint on the dining room wall. The flat is already rubbing/chipping off. Not good. This is good quality paint, but semi-gloss makes more sense. Maybe just an eggshell or low-sheen, but something not flat.

Ohhhh... there are so many little details right now... Many of them are now in a little sticky note on my computer. Even though we're making good progress, Ai-Yi-Yi! Lots to do. I feel like I am understanding things better since I spent the day over at the house. Okay... Now I'm going to go pick up N (almost 5) from school.

No comments: