Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Insane, but happy!

I'm home! Wheeee! I got home 4 hours early last night! I was so happy. I got to the airport in time to catch an earlier flight. I actually got home in time to see the girls last night right before they went to bed. Then I fell into bed and slept. K (2.5) let me sleep until 8:30 am this morning.

Last night, when I got home, T (16 months!) was mad at me. She gave me the dirtiest looks and didn't want me to hold her. I nursed her and she seemed to forgive me. Nursing--my secret weapon. Heh.

Today was N's (almost 5!) Holiday program at school. It was so cute. Again, I wanted to cry from the cuteness of it all. N was so happy that Mary Poppins, MWH, K, T and me were there to see her. So happy.

I can't wait to look at the pictures and video from it. Did I tell you my mini-DV camera died? We had to take the video on the little camera this time. Oh, well. We'll get a new DV camera soon. I'm sure one of the other parents would give me a copy of their footage if I asked. Everyone had their cameras going. Maybe I should ask the parents of one of the kids standing right beside N for a copy of their video (hmmmmm...).



What else...

Our floor!!!!! It's being finished. They put the first coat of finish on it and it is BEAUTIFUL! I am so excited. The floor guy says he'll be done end of day tomorrow. That means our contractor will be able to install the refrigerator, dishwasher and trash compactor on Friday. We'll move in Saturday and still need many things done, but it's good. I'm happy.

Today I
-ordered cable, internet and phone (we're going to do phone over the cable line....)
-lined up installation of our blinds on Friday between 2 and 3 pm
-ran over to the new house to look at the floor about 4 times
-waited for delivery and set up of the bed (it looks GREAT!)
-tried to recover from the trip
-started organizing for the move (we'll be doing that LATE INTO THE NIGHT)
-did a teeny bit of work for work
-wiped T and K's nose about 30,000 times today (they are much better today than yesterday)


One really funny thing... When I got home last night, I was still dressed in my new, really nice black suit and shoes. K rarely sees me dressed up. She LOVED my shoes. She is such a shoe girl. She tried on my work shoes and said she needed some new shoes. MWH said, "You should ask Santa for some new shoes." She looked at him aghast, and said, "No, I want to go shopping for the shoes." Heh. She already knows that shopping is half the fun.

And that is where K and I are going now. Shoe shopping.

Did I mention I was sooooooo happy to be home? I love being home! I missed my family!

1 comment:

RUTH said...

I second what ninotchka said. Yay home, floor and shoes :-)