Monday, October 02, 2006

A thing I want to remember

This morning, Miss N (4 and 2/3s) got up and made a book. She has created many a book in her day so this isn't the big thing. She started doing that last February or March. It is documented in pictures and on video. This morning was a new step in her understanding of reading, writing and book-making.

She wrote a story with the pictures. She didn't know how to spell the words so she asked me to spell them for her and she wrote all of them in the book. In the past, when she's wanted words, she's just asked MWH or me to write the words. Occasionally she would write random letters on a page and tell us they were certain words, but today, there are HONEST-TO-GOSH words.... spelled correctly!

Her book is titled, "Mix-up in Space."

My favorite line is, "Oh my! There's a cat on Saturn!"

I. am. so. proud!

No comments: