Saturday, August 05, 2006

Naptime

I just put T (11.5 months and officially a walker!) down for her first nap. Daddy (aka My Wonderful Husband or MWH for short), N (4.5) and K (almost 27 months) are at N's gymnastics class. I feel like I've been hit by a Mack truck. I'm not sure if I a) have a cold, b) am just dealing with the varicella vaccination I got almost 2 weeks ago, or c) am just coming down from some of the stress of the past few weeks. I'm guessing it's a combination of all 3.

2 weeks ago I had to get a varicella (aka chicken pox) vaccination. I'm over 30 and have never had the chicken pox. (That could have qualified as one of my freaky/weird things.) Many adults think they've never had the chicken pox, but then when you do the bloodtest (titer) to see for sure, almost everyone has had it. Except me. We did the titer on me 3 years ago, when I was pregnant with K, and I was negative. I've known for forever that I needed to get the vaccination, but I never wanted to get it. Vaccinations can potentially cause problems because of my condition. (No, condition does NOT mean pregnant....)

Anyway, I will post far too much about the life-changing experience* that was the chicken pox shot, as soon as I can work it out in my mind, but right now I feel crappy. I'm sure I'll still be on Mommy-duty today, but that's okay. We'll just lay low. Here I go to lay low.


*I'm actually serious... It was life-changing for me.

No comments: