Wednesday, February 22, 2006

T update

#3 T (6 months)

Miss T is officially scooting and is so close to actually crawling. I'm scared of what life will be like when she is on the move. I'm hopeful that she will be mellow and like to be near where her sisters and I are, and that she won't go crawling off and getting into trouble all the time. Neither of her sisters were mellow, but a girl can fantasize right?

T is trying to learn to turn on her mobile. I will lay her in her cradle for a few minutes and she loves to push the buttons. Occassionally she'll get it to go on and play the music and spin. She is delighted then.

She still sleeps snuggled up next to me and I am not sure when that will change. She loves to snuggle so much it's kind of crazy. I'm not really worried about getting her out of the bed and into her own space. It will happen someday. Right now, I am just enjoying all the snuggle time I get with her. All night everynight. I remember, at first, when she was so tiny that I didn't move at all because I was scared I would smush her. Now we both turn and move and sleep very comfortably.

She just had her 6 month check-up. She weighs 16 pounds 6 ounces 75th weight and 26 and 3/4's inches long. At 6 months, K was 17 pounds 10 ounces and 27 inches; and N was 17 pounds 9 oz and 26 3/4 inches. T is my skinny baby. She nurses like crazy, but she's always been long and skinny. She was born long and skinny. She has enough baby chub on her so she's not too skinny, but she's just not "chub, chub." She's got delicious little chubby legs, but barely any chub on her arms or stomach.

T's motto is all smiles all the time. Even when she was sick and in pain from her ear infection she was just full of smiles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You deserve a mellow baby (and so do I--I'm putting in an order for one of the ones whow wakes up in the bassinet and just gazes up at the ceiling for a while, cooing, until you come in and find out he's awake).

Can I have that?