Tuesday, February 14, 2006

House o' Germs

K (21 months) woke up at 8:08 am, not a bad time for a sick girl. She woke up and nursed at 6 am, and I was delighted! When she woke at 8 she was coughing like crazy. I went in and was greeted by her and then she threw up. It's not sick to her stomach throw up, it's just coughing too much and swallowing too much mucous throw up. (Yes, there is a distinction!)

I remember being a kid and throwing up a lot. I think that sometimes I was sick to my stomach and sometimes it was coughing too much. I didn't know the distinction then. It's interesting the things you learn as a parent.

K kept coughing and coughed up some more mucousy throw up after I got her up. I tried to get her to take some cough medicine. I ended up with cough medicine in my eye. I could get my cat to take medicine better than K. Wow. She's a fighter. After the 3rd attempt to get cough medicine into her I gave up. I probably got .2 of a ml in her and she neede 2.5 ml.

K's not really wanting to eat or drink anything. I've got a doctor's appointment for 3. The nanny is here and I'm going to try to get some work done... There's just one thing I need to do today. It won't take that long and I will go do that in a minute.

The nanny is with K right now. She'll be here until 2 and then I take over with K. I sent T (almost 6 months) and N (4) with the other nanny. I'm hoping that K will take an early nap so that we can go to the doctor's office and have her awake. She's so tired and so not feeling good. I think T is coming down with this now. She's coughed a few times today. I have to hope that I have antibodies to this in my breastmilk and that T won't get as sick.

I feel so terrible for little K. I have a headache and scratchy ears. I hope that I can fight this off and not get sick. Bleh! Off I go to do the one thing I need to do for work. Then maybe I'll just take over and send the nanny home.

No comments: