Thursday, December 01, 2011

oh yea

I have a blog.  I haven't forgotten, but I have been BUSY.  A quick recap is in order.

1.  One of my brother's came to visit over Thanksgiving.  Super fun. We did tourist-y things.  I'll post more about them at the OTHER blog.

2.  My fall class is almost over.  I haven't written that much about the course this time around. I don't know why.  I've learned a lot.  I have mostly fabulous students.  I am more happy than not with this semester.  It's been hard and it's been great.  Boy, I'm vague, but that's all I want to remember.  (Trust me, I'll only remember what I write down.)

3.  I had eye surgery on Tuesday.  Not serious stuff.  I have very dry eyes.  Hopefully the procedure will help alleviate dryness in certain areas.  This doesn't affect my vision.  The negative was that I did have to be put out with "twilight" anesthesia.  I was scared.  It all went great.  I didn't have any negative reactions and the best thing was that I got some caffeine in my I.V.  I felt SUPER after the surgery.  Now, I'm recovering and it'll be about 2 weeks before we know if the operation was successful.  Fingers crossed!  (You can thank me for NOT posting pictures of my eye as it heals.)

4.  Our floor project is finished.  I'm thrilled to have wood floors upstairs and downstairs!  It's going to be much easier to clean.  I love the wood, too.

5.  Despite having just done an extensive floor change in our house, MWH and I bought a new house.  Yup.  It became ours last week.  MWH found it back in September.  We decided to go for it in October.  That's the BIG news that I mentioned before.  It's exciting.  It's a very nice house--it's got a fabulous backyard.  Unfortunately, it needs to be remodeled.  We'll move sometime next spring/summer after the remodel.

We're starting in on the planning process right now.  Today we met with a kitchen planner. Exciting!  I am excited.  It will be fabulous when it's done.  If you sense that maybe I'm not fully excited, you would be correct and incorrect at the same time.  I am excited, but I am also still in disbelief.  I wasn't itching to move. I really like our current house (see #4).  When we moved into our current house, I thought it was going to be the house we lived the entire time the girls grew up.  I was all set for that.

However, there were a few things we didn't like about this house.  The main one was a fence line dispute with the world's craziest neighbor.  Then MWH found this other house and decided we should sell our house and buy this new one.  Since I really like MWH and I want him to be happy, I agreed.  He got me caught up in the excitement of A NEW HOUSE!  It is exciting.  I'm just a little overwhelmed from 1) my Mom dying, 2) teaching, and 3) huge work project. And we have another huge work project coming up.  It will all be okay.

6.  When I was in the out-patient surgery center and all hooked up to the machines, I was happy to see my resting pulse rate under 60 a lot of the time.  Woo.  Go Zumba.


No comments: