Friday, December 30, 2011

Break!

Break has been semi-relaxing.  I'm going to write about the good stuff and not the bad, though.

1.  Sleeping in!  MWH and I slept in past 10 (almost until 11) one day!  This morning I set the alarm and went to Zumba!  (The only reason I like to get up.)

2.  Hanging with the girls.... I've been so busy this last semester that I feel I haven't spent time with them.  I have to figure out how to teach, work, and see them more, or else I'm going to have to give up teaching. Teaching, though I love it, is soul-sucking work.  I had 4 - 5 tough students this semester.  Next semester, one of the tough ones will be gone!  I'll have one really tough one left, and she's MAD at her grade from this semester, but we'll get through it.

3.  Playing with 3 kitties and 3 girls!  I love it!

4. Braiding hair.

5.  Zumba!  I've gotten to do some extra classes.

6.  Books (see previous post)

7.  My new favorite song.  You can hear it here, but ignore the talking. (Oh, I do love it!)

I haven't gotten to cook as much as I wanted.  I'm hoping to get to cook in the next couple of days.

One thing, my Mom's death really hit me harder than I expected this break.  She was thinking about coming out to visit us over break, and I have the thought that she should be arriving soon in the back of my head.

Things I want to do in the next few days "off."

1.  A Dailey Method Class (maybe Sunday or tomorrow, but I'd rather do Zumba!)

2.  At least one more Zumba class (Monday morning, for sure... maybe tomorrow morning... but then I probably won't do a Dailey.  I should do a Dailey, but Zumba is WAY more fun!)

3.  Movie night with the girls.  (I watched a silly one with them this afternoon, but I don't think it counts.  Maybe we'll do one tomorrow night for New Year's Eve... OMG it's almost 2012, how did that happen?!)

4.  Work on a new web page for work (it's almost done, now!) and do some related work reviewing web sites.

5.  Create my syllabus for my class in the spring (I think I know what I want to do.  I want to try to make the syllabus in less than 8 hours.  Wish me luck!)

6.  Do an "end of year review here" and make a plan for next year.

No comments: