Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The best thing about Christmas...

Hold on to your hats, here's a too enthusiastic post.

The best thing about Christmas is BOOKS!

oNe's aunt, sent her a book for Christmas.  I'd never seen it, even though it was a Newberry award winner.  It was written in the 70s so I should have seen it as it would have been around when I was old enough to read it.  I'm embarrassed to not have read it, but I grew up in state that might have banned it.  Sigh.  (In defense of our school librarian, it won the Newberry when I was too young to read it.)

Anyway, since I hadn't seen it before, I decided to read it to make sure it was a good book.  I like to read the books that the girls read (to know what they are learning and to be able to talk with them).  Plus, young adult books are fun and a nice escape!

It's a really enjoyable book.  It's about a battle against good and evil. I'm not quite done.  I plan to finish it today.  I would have liked to have read it last night, but MWH put on a tv show and it turned out to be a 2-hour episode.  Though I didn't finish the book, I got to snuggle with MWH and watch SciFi, so it's all good!

Oh, what's better than one good book?
A good book that is part of a series!  We have a new series to read!  Yippeeee!

I will let you know when I read the series what I think.  oNe's other aunt is planning to send the boxed set of books for oNe's birthday.  (OMG, oNe is gonna be 10!  OMG, OMG!)

Questions for you:

What's the best thing about Christmas, in your opinion?

Did you get any good books?

No comments: