Thursday, June 23, 2011

Haircuts

We went to get (girls) haircuts, today.... oNe did fine. She should, she's 9 for heaven's sake. twoK (age 7) through a fit because she didn't want her hair trimmed. GOOD GRIEF. I told her that she would have to pay for the hair appointment if she didn't get her hair trimmed. She cooperated, she's motivated by money, but she gathered up teeny bits of her hair from the floor to keep as a remembrance--each chunk was like 1/2 inch long. (Again, I say good grief.)

Three-a (age 5) did just fine. She's pretty much always cheerful and full of sunshine. The contrast between twoK and Three-a is startling.

Why does everything have to be so difficult and with drama, twoK? Do you know, when you cry your big FAKE crocodile tears that I am not going to be manipulated???? You may be upset, but a hair trim is NOTHING to cry about. Those big fake crocodile tears only make me angry when you are being ridiculous. They are so contrived. When you are really upset, your tears are different. Trust me, I can tell. twoK, I know you want to grow your hair longer, but 1/2 inch trimmed off every 4-6 months is NOT much. Your hair grows 3-5 inches in that amount of time. Seriously.

I feel bad that I don't have a lot of sympathy for twoK's tears, but I dislike how she tries to manipulate me with them. I also dislike how she feels everyone and everything in life is out to get her. I wish I could change that about her personality. Life would be easier and she would be happier. Alas, I know that you can't change people.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy,I feel your frustration! I hope she'll grow out of it. Elle used to me my "drama queen" and even though she's still super sensitive, it's genuine and not manipulative. She's actually grown into quite a little sweetheart. So, don't label TwoK permanently just yet. It's amazing to see them grown and change!
And for the record: Anna Sofia (that sweet baby who could do no wrong) is currently my "difficult" child. :)

RUTH said...

My K and your K have a lot in common. This morning's crocodile tears were for her doll's hair being messy.

I cut my H's hair a month ago. She usually has a positive attitude about everything but not this haircut. She hates it. She has reminded me how much she hates it every day for a month. I am so over it.