Saturday, May 14, 2011

Summer planning aka my rambling...

Today I started to figure out what the girls are going to do the 9.5 weeks of summer. I hate doing this*. I think we will have 3.5 weeks of nanny help, 2 weeks of horseback riding camp, 1-2 weeks of baking camp, and 1-2 weeks of gymnastics camp. If I only do 1 week of baking and 1 week of gymnastics, then I need 2 more weeks of something else. I really hope we can get 3.5 weeks of part time nanny; I should know tomorrow. A part time nanny is cheaper than anything else in the summer and gives the girls some down time and me enough time to work.

I don't think the girls NEED to go to camp each week. Part of it is, it takes extra work to get them up and out the door to camp in the morning. Camps start earlier than I would like, end earlier than I'd like, are more expensive than I'd like, and they aren't as close and convenient as school.

As far as the activities go, I am thrilled the girls can do horseback riding camp. How much fun will they have? I went for a week for a couple of summers when I was young and it was the best. Oh, I need to look at art camps and see about those as another potential option.

One thing, we're in the "sweet spot" where all 3 can go to the same camps! Next year, I'm not sure it will be quite as easy, but for gymnastics and horse camp (assuming they want to go back), it should still work. Heaven help me, I'm not driving to 2 different camps in the morning. They must go to the same camp.



*I offered MWH the opportunity to do the planning for the girls' summer. He turned me down. I don't know why. All things considered, I'd rather do this planning than taxes--that's MWH's job.

No comments: