Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Achoo!

oNe brought home the first cold of the season and, yes, I caught it. Every fall, in September or October, I get one. I was pretty miserable Saturday. I felt like I was winning the battle on Sunday, and I was. I am still getting better, but I am now at the stage of blowing my nose ever 3 minutes. Ugh. oNe was slowed down by the cold for about 3 hours--I for about 3 days. It's NOT FAIR.

Moving on, last night, I went to Whole Foods. I was STARVING. I decided to have a salad before I went shopping because shopping when hungry can be dangerous. I got a lovely, big salad from the salad bar and when I was done, I had no desire to shop. I only bought 3 things. Heh. Being hungry can be dangerous, but being full can mean no food. It's a good thing I didn't really need stuff from the store.

While eating my salad, a lovely, little two year old girl was trying to engage me in conversation. I wanted to sit and read on my iPhone. She was cute as a button, but I was at Whole Foods while I had a baby sitter and I didn't want to engage with children. I missed my own. Does this make me a bad person? I hope not. She was super cute. After the two year old left, I felt like I should have apologized and explained my actions to her mom, but alas, I didn't get a chance. I feel a little bad about it.

Did I tell you MWH got a new car? He did. Yippeee! His old car was very old, 15 years; it still ran well, but we were waiting for it to have a big, expensive problem. He's donating it today. I hope the organization can get some more good months out of it and then sell it for money for parts.

Okay, this is a pretty boring post, but it happens. Sorry about that. The girls are good, and we're settling into a routine. We have a new babysitter helping 2 afternoons a week. I miss N3nny a little, but not as much as I thought I would. I like doing homework with the girls. I like hanging with them more. It's good! I knew it would be. We do have so much laundry!! We're working on a system there. I like washing the clothes, but I dislike putting them away. We have a couple of full laundry baskets down in the girls' room. Maybe we'll get to it tonight.

Well, now, I think I just succeeded in making this post EVEN MORE boring. That's pretty impressive, eh? I should stop NOW.

No comments: