Thursday, May 13, 2010

Effort

Look, I'm making an effort to blog more! Here's #2 this week and we'll see if I can make it to three posts.

I have a jumble of thoughts in my head, I'm not sure how to get them all down. I'm very out of practice here.

1. Mother's Day. It was a fun day. The girls made me tea and MWH made me waffles with PB; they served me in bed. I played on the new iPad (did I tell you I got an iPad--it wasn't for Mother's Day, it was for my birthday and I love it). After a while, all the girls were piled in bed to snuggle with me and play with technology. A TechLoveFest is what I called it.

I'd post pictures but we're all in our PJs and you can see our faces. Maybe I'll post on the other blog--haven't decided. Later we went to lunch at our favorite restaurant (A C-M) and then went to a birthday party and the girls played.

MWH got me a new electric toothbrush (I wanted it!) and beautiful tulips (I should take a picture before they, um, wilt.) The girls made me some beautiful art.

2. twoK is 6 now!!!!!!!! We had a big birthday party for her at Pump it Up. It was great.* She loved getting to be the center of attention--as a middle child, she seems to always feel short-changed. Since we had 27 kids, she scored on the presents. She's thrilled. She's writing a thank you note on each present she opens so she has motivation to get her thank you notes written.

3. These (picture below) are yummy. They are also vegan. I have a friend who doesn't get the vegan thing at all. Every time I talk with her she asks, but don't you miss ___________?

I don't really miss anything because in many ways, being vegan is opening up a whole world to me. I'm not eating the foods I've eaten my whole life, I'm mixing it up and trying new things. I might miss ice cream in a sentimental way, but I don't think I *need* ice cream, and I now have banana ice cream (with PB and chocolate--OMG, it's good!). Not eating Dairy makes everything taste "clean." I can't really explain it better than that, but I surprisingly I don't really miss it. But, if I did miss certain foods, asking me "Don't you miss _____" wouldn't be the best strategy I think. It'd sort of be like rubbing my nose in it. Whatevs.



If you find these anywhere, let me know and I'll be your best friend! I got them in the airport on the way home from my trip. I need to find a source of them closer than clear across the country at the airport. (P.S. I just googled and found them at Amazon.) I'm going to have to get some at some point.


*Except for the little boy who broke his arm--no kidding. His older sister ran into him. I was so thankful it was a crash between siblings, you know? He's doing okay and it wasn't too bad of a break.

No comments: