Wednesday, July 01, 2009

July 1

Wowza. It's not going to be long until December 1 now. As my father used to say, it's the fourth of July, then it's Christmas, meaning time flies. He got it right.

Ah, Dad. Father's Day was much harder than I expected. We did a video iChat with my Dad last year, and he looked so good in the video. A little over 6 months later (January of this year), and um, well, he looked about as not good as you can look.

Okay, didn't set out to write about Dad, but I guess it makes sense that I am thinking of him. I called my Mom today, and I'm still trying to figure out when oNe and I go to see her. When I spoke to her today, she told me about my Godfather. My Godfather and my Dad shared the exact same birthdate. My Godfather came to my Dad's funeral. He looked great. Apparently, now he's not doing as well. I might take oNe, my Mom, and me on a road trip to see him. Is that crazy or what?

What else? Work... Finished two of the three things. Talked to the leader of the other thing I worked on and he said he'd look at it tomorrow. I asked enough questions to make sure he wasn't expecting me to work on the holiday... It sounds like he's okay with getting it to the client late. Let's hope he doesn't go all crazy and decide we need to get it to the client on Monday. The project leader is in a pretty good mood right now though, so maybe it will work out.

What else.... Oh yea, I have a new rule for me. No more eating tortilla chips straight out of the bag. I can eat tortilla chips, I just need to be conscious of HOW MANY tortilla chips I eat. I think chips out of the bag are my downfall. I haven't gained any weight, but I haven't lost the last 2-3 pounds I would like to lose. I have been thinking about portion size of foods since I read "most of us greatly underestimate the amount of food we eat and greatly overestimate the amount we move." I know I underestimate how many tortilla chips I eat.

What else... The kitties... B-cat is looking for C cat. C cat is older and we let him eat B-cat's food. We don't let B-cat eat C's food though. This makes B-cat a little angry. C has CRF and needs to eat so ..... Anyway, B just walked downstairs to make sure C wasn't eating his food. He peered around the corner to see if C cat was in there and he looked ready to pounce. C cat was not in there. It was very funny.

What else... oNe (7.5) takes showers all by herself now. It's very exciting! twoK is VERY bleach blonde from the sun--it's crazy. Three-a can take the little hand broom and dust pan and clean up under her chair after dinner. (YAY!) Three-a is almost 4. Yikes.

I have no more babies. I don't want more babies, I really like three, but it definitely is crazy that my babies are soooo big.

Yesterday, twoK said to me, sometimes I feel like a teenager. I said, "Whoa." She said, "I know, you don't want to grow up and be that big yet."

That's it for this random blog post. More later.

No comments: