Wednesday, February 11, 2009

lots

We have lots to do at work. It's good. We have some folks on the team who are CRANKING and they are making the rest of us look bad. I am thrilled with what they are doing and it's super exciting. I wish I could think as fast as they are working. I'm working on it.

One of my colleagues got a new project.... It was supposed to start in October, but didn't get all set until NOW. She's got something planned for April and is slightly panicked.... I would be too. With only a two-month lead, she can't expect to be able to do the same thing as if she'd gotten to start in October (6-month lead). We spoke about this today and she agreed. I hope she remembers this as she goes forward and doesn't get too stressed. I hope to work with her on this project in April.

My friend (PS) is taking a dance class tonight. I can't wait to hear about it! I love to dance!

Oh! Did I tell you we got a Wii? MWH got us one for my birthday. Wheeeee! (Sorry... Had to do that.) He also got us Dance Dance Revolution. On Sunday, he, oNe and I played on and off for about 4-5 hours. I think I did it for about 2-2.5 hours.

I love that MWH dances. When we met, I learned he 1) didn't like coffee, and 2) didn't really want a dog. I decided I'd be okay with these two issues because everything else about him was wonderful. Now, after 12 years of hanging out, I am so thrilled that he dances that I'll take his dancing over drinking coffee... I really hope he comes back to Zumba again!

oNe is really getting into dancing too. She loves to do Zumba with me. She's working on learning salsa. She's getting better at moving and groovin'. She's also made a lot of progress on Dance Dance Revolution this week.

twoK had a HARD day yesterday. I'm not sure what caused her emotional state, but she screamed, slammed doors and cried. Part of me wonders if she's a little out of sorts because Three-a went with me to visit Grandma last week. Part of me thinks it was just a bad day. twoK is definitely less difficult than she used to be. The frequency of these outbursts is less. I do think she has some middle child syndrome though. I think I probably need to do something special with JUST her soon.

Three-a can bowl on the Wii. She had to teach me how yesterday. I love it! Wheeee!

1 comment:

PS said...

The classes were way fun! Jazz dance for an hour, then tap for an hour. Man, tap is HARD! But I did pretty well for a beginner. I really liked the jazz dance. I was thinking about taking belly dancing, but jazz may be better. I'm going to look into taking a jazz and a belly dancing class at our local rec center so I can walk there, and it's much cheaper there as a MP resident.