Sunday, January 04, 2009

Questions

oNe asked why Dora and Diego wear the same clothes everyday. Heh.

She also just asked about the shirt I am wearing .... why is it so big... (In the winter I often sleep in an old maternity shirt that is long sleeve and now, it is so big the neck falls off my shoulders a lot.) (Yea, I know, I should probably get some new PJs, but this shirt is soft and comfy.) I explained to her that it was a shirt I wore when she was in my belly and she thought that was really cool.

She then asked how much it hurt when you have a baby. Once, in the past, I scared her by telling her it hurt a lot, so this time I said, well, I can't actually remember how much it hurts because it does hurt, but you forget right away that it hurts.... She said, "Oh, like getting a band aid pulled off.... It hurts and then you forget." Yep, exactly like that oNe, except it hurts a lot more. (I didn't say that part.)

1 comment:

RUTH said...

I find it fascinating how I really can't remember at all how much being in labour hurt. I remember what I thought and did but not how it felt. Some of what I remember only makes sense if I was in a lot of pain but I don't remember that at all. The day after, when I still remembered, D told my father-in-law I'd been in labour for 20 hours before having the caesarian. My father-in-law replied "That's good, it's what she wanted." I could have killed him - all that pain for nothing, how could anyone think I wanted a birth like that?