Tuesday, January 06, 2009

My first













You never forget your first.

The only problem, I can't remember when I got it. It was a Powerbook 160. I got it in grad school. The wikipedia says it was introduced in October of 1992, so I got it sometime after that. I thought I got it in the fall, but I can't believe I didn't get it until my 3rd year of grad school. I thought I got it in the fall of the second year (fall 1992), but apparently not, since it didn't come out until the middle of the fall. I must have gotten it either in the spring or summer of '93. Hrm. I can't remember. I am embarrassed.


I used that little machine through 1996-97. I am sad, it won't boot any more. (I just found it in a box and thought I'd try it.)

I got my second Powerbook (a 190) (I wouldn't have chosen the 190, but it was a free computer so, what can you do?) I got my 3rd Powerbook (Wallstreet) sometime in 1999 I believe. I could probably dig back through old email and determine when exactly, but not tonight.

No comments: