Saturday, January 10, 2009

incommunicado

I haven't felt like posting. My Dad died on Wednesday morning (wee hours so it seemed more like Tuesday night). I wasn't with him. I wish I could have been. I had toyed around with the idea of going back to visit on Tuesday, but didn't because it was the week of oNe's birthday. I figured we had more time, maybe just a few weeks, but we didn't.

I wish I could have spent more time with him, in general, but when a person doesn't live the same place as the rest of the family, it just isn't possible.

Really not much to say at the moment. I'll post at some point.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hold your girls close, and appreciate the time you have together on this Earth.

My thoughts are with you!

Anonymous said...

My thoughts are with you and your family. As Alice said - enjoy the little girls and hug your husband, mother, and siblings tight.
Amelia

Anonymous said...

Oh sweetheart! I'm so very sorry for your loss. I'm sending you lots of love and many, many hugs. I'm here for you, whatever you need. Text, call, write. Anything.

Love you!

Colleen said...

So, so sorry and sad for your loss!

RUTH said...

I have been thinking about your dad on and off while I've been incommunicado. Yesterday I made a choice to catch up in order so I didn't read this until today. Half an hour ago my father rang to say they're back from holiday, then I had some more time to catch up with your blog and read this. Now I feel very lucky to have had that phonecall. I don't know what it is like to lose a parent but I do know that reading this has made me treasure mine a little more. My sympathy and thoughts are with you.