Wednesday, October 22, 2008

up down up down up down

The title reflects my emotions. They are related to a myriad of things.
(work, Dad, election, identity, sleep, oNe's class)

This will be a short post because I don't have any actual NEW information on my Dad. Well, I guess I do. He's most likely getting moved to a nursing home next week. We haven't given up hope that he could still recover enough to come home, but it's going to be harder if he's not getting physical therapy and occupational therapy every day.

My Mom finally spoke to someone (a doctor) who gave her a good opinion about whether Dad should/would get dialysis soon. This doctor was very knowledgeable about the kidneys but not actually a nephrologist and thought Dad probably wouldn't get dialysis until his kidney levels were a bit higher than they are now (when the C hits around 6). I'm not sure I think his is a good thing, but for some reason, they aren't asking my opinion. Mom didn't ask one of the questions I had, but maybe I can talk with someone else about my question.

Mom is working hard to figure things out for him. Keep thinking good thoughts for him.

Okay... Most go get ready for bed. Early class in the morning.

No comments: