Friday, October 17, 2008

What's next?

Dad saw the surgeon today. The surgeon is pleased with the healing. The surgeon is not commenting on the poor functioning of Dad's kidneys. I am very displeased with the care that Dad is getting and the lack of commitment of the doctors. I guess, "it's not their job." The surgeon wasn't Dad's doctor, he was "the surgeon." Dad's "doctor" is the doctor at the Care Center where Dad is. This all sucks. I think for the most part, people believe that at a certain age, there's just not much more you can do.... I think Dad still has some kick left, but he's going to need quite a bit of help, but I'm not sure they are going to help him enough.

So anyway, Dad's kidney levels are still high and Mom is very sad. He had a decent day a couple of days ago, but now he's bad again. Recently, I thought maybe he was doing better (I can't remember when that was... it's all a little blurry.) We'll see what tomorrow brings. Today, one of my brothers told Mom, "Dad may not get to come home." I had a dream where another one of my brothers and I discussed Dad's likelihood of going home and we'd reached the same conclusion. It made me sad, but I wrote it off as a dream. Bleh.

I think I should probably book a trip home to see him and Mom soon. Big sigh. Dad is supposed to be home watching TV and being grumpy about something. Maybe cooking some spaghetti... Taking care of Mom. Just hanging out.

No comments: