Thursday, July 03, 2008

Documentation

I have so many things I need to document. I have a list in an unpublished post that I'll need to work on.

Here's the first in a series of documenting posts...

Tonight, N (6.45) asked me if the water from the sink had chlorine in it. She knows the pool water has chlorine in it and that you're note supposed to drink it. She knows I don't like chlorine. I told her that yes, the water from the sink has chlorine in it. She asked why we could drink it. I said, it doesn't have very much in it, it's just enough to kill the bad germs in the water so we don't get sick when we drink the water. She asked again if we should drink it. I said, I don't like us to drink it so we drink the filtered water from the refrigerator most of the time.

(Sidebar: Someday, we will get a whole house water filter... Or at least filters on all the bathroom faucets and kitchen sink... When we used to live where we had well water, we didn't have chlorine in the water and I loved it!*)

She asked if her cat should drink the tap water. I said, if you want him to drink filtered water, you may fill his bowl up from the refrigerator. (MWH gave me a look. I believe it was the "you're insane" look.) I am proud of N though. She loves her kitty and she just wants the BEST for him.** Isn't that sweet? She's taking responsibility and thinking... Go critical thinking skills!



*The only downside to no chlorine in the water supply is that toilets get uggy faster. (Uggy being a technical term.)

**Beloved Kitty drank bottled water and filtered water when he got older and had Chronic Renal Failure. I still miss my boy. N's kitty reminds me of him so I think of him when I look at N's kitty.

No comments: