Thursday, December 06, 2007

Planned...

I had it all planned.... I wasn't going to be stressed in December. When MP quit and walked out, it required me to take about 60 hours of vacation I hadn't planned on taking.* This put me waaaaaaaay behind at work. It also ate up most all of my vacation hours. I kept up with my class, but just barely. Then my friend, DK, died. I was already a month behind at work, and I fell completely apart in class. I look back at some of my notes from the time around her death and am surprised to see things I covered, but don't have any memory of it. It was good, and I did it in a manner I approve of, but it is scary to me that I don't remember it.

See why I'm giving up planning anything? It never works.


Believe it or not though, I'm actually less stressed than I was in Dec. 2004.... Oy vey! I didn't have a blog back then as a place to vent.... I'll have to tell you the 12/04 story someday.

My goal for 2008... To turn my life down. I want to go from always being at 11 to maintaining 7-8 on the dial of life.**



*I'm trying not to still be mad at her, but right now, in the midst of my stress, it's hard not to be a little angry. I am trying.

**Extra credit for the person who names the movie and the reference to which I am referring in this metaphor. (MWH will get it I'm sure!)

3 comments:

PS said...

LOVE extra credit.
This is Spinal Tap!

PS said...

p.s. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhVWJgIzftE

JK said...

Heh! I kind of figured you might love extra credit. :-) I'm so proud. 20 points to you!