Wednesday, December 26, 2007

More on the day...

I'm not sure what else I want to document here. I'll be putting up pictures/videos on the other blog soon. If you don't have access to it, and want to see it, let me know.

I guess one thing I need to document is how N (5.9) is becoming a six-year-old. We had some "moments" yesterday. You know, moments when you can't believe this is your child... Other moments, she is sweet and loving and I'm so proud of her. Yesterday, we had a moment that lasted and lasted...She didn't want to go the park with us. She wanted to stay at home and play with her toys. She cried for about 10 as we were getting ready to go and then pouted and wouldn't play for about 20-30 minutes after we got to the park. MWH tried to cheer her, but she was being difficult. She finally cheered a bit when we saw a pet bunny on a leash.

I got a second wind last night. I made eggplant (I promised you all a recipe a long time ago.... maybe in the next year you'll get the recipe with pictures even!) and I cleaned the floor. It felt good to move around and clean. The place we workout is closed for remodeling. It's been closed since the beginning of December. I guess they thought most people wouldn't mind at the holidays... THEY WERE WRONG. I've been doing lame workouts at the Y on the ellipitical all month, but I need more. I think I'm going to dig out my kickboxing video tape and kick and punch for a bit later.

Did I ever mention I am wimpy about weather? It's been beautiful here, but it's starting to get a bit cold now. I need to go buy all of the girls warmer coats. The ones they have are fine for walking to and from the car, but if we wanted to go outside and PLAY, the coats are not warm enough. Must do that soon. (Maybe today?)

No comments: