Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Not a Vulcan...

I am learning I am not a Vulcan. I find myself tearing up at the slightest thing. I tear up when I'm happy and sad. I tear up when someone tells me a good story. I love to laugh, and I don't like being this "cry-y".

Jeez, I didn't do this when I was pregnant. My emotions were under control then. I only had one or two "moments of crying" with each pregnancy--lots of paranoia about health issues, but I didn't cry. (In general, MWH was very lucky in regards to my emotions. I was very even during pregnancy.) All this crying is not working for my identity as a Vulcan. Logic and rationality are things I hold dear.

I'm sure all this sensitivity is making me a better person, but I liked the logical me. I'm sure I'll get "back in control" and not be quite so sensitive. I'm glad I started out as a Vulcan because if I was emotional to start, I can only imagine what I'd be like I'd be now! I don't think it would be pretty.

No comments: