Monday, November 26, 2007

Inventing...

I'm inventing a new kind of headache. I'm going to call it a migrito headache. The name means, little migraine. If I don't go with migrito, I could call it a migraine-y headache as Buffy might. This type of headache lasts for days, makes you shakey and a little queasy, but not too bad, and is most likely triggered by extreme stress.

The migrito or migraine-y doesn't have full-on auras, nor are you really sensitive to light, but you are slightly sensitive to light, especially direct sunlight, and flickering light makes you want to throw-up. You often grab whatever part of your head hurts and moan.

I'm supposed to go to work tomorrow, but the last two times I've been at work I've come home with either a migrito or migraine-y. I'm scared to go to work tomorrow. Seriously. I am thinking of calling my supervisor and suggesting I work from home tomorrow because I have a lot to do and a headache would set me back a long way. I don't have time for a big bad headache, or even a little 2-3 day long migrito.


Please, vote on the name you prefer in the comments!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote migrito of course! Reminds me of the mojito drink. lol

RUTH said...

I vote for migrito too. More style. A thought - have you had your eyes tested recently? My frequent migraine like headaches turned out to be eye strain. The first optometrist didn't pick it up but after nearly a year I went to a behavioural one and he found although I could focus OK it was taking my right eye 5 times longer to do so. Now I have weak glasses for reading and using the computer and heaps less headaches.