Saturday, November 10, 2007

The Internet Installer Guy....

Heh. It's a post with a funny story (or at least not a depressing story). Can you believe it? From me? Coming your way?


On Tuesday, we were getting equipment installed for a new ISP (internet service provider). They came to install the modem, run some wires through our house, and do lots of stuff. They were here from 9:30 am until 8 pm. IT WAS A LONG DAY for both them and us. Things aren't quite all the way working, but they are mostly stable and they'll be back next week to finish it all. Pain is sometimes what happens when you are an early adopter of technology... Wait. I digress... This is the FUNNY story...(Or, at least, not depressing.)

Okay...

While waiting for the installers to leave, I was watching a video with the girls. It's hard to let your girls run around the house when 1) they have drills and stuff laying around and 2) the opening to the crawl space under the house is exposed and 3) all three of your little girls like to go in opposite directions.

Since we were watching a video, I had my laptop and was reading blogs. I'm a little bored with Charlotte's Web 2. I've seen it a few times. (If you have a small child, I highly recommend it. It's not the literary achievement Charlotte's Web was, but it's very innocuous and the death theme isn't there, which can be scary for children, and the girls like it.)

Oh yea, funny story...

Me watching video and reading blogs... I read Cecily's blog post from Monday. Not that exciting... It left me wanting more. I followed the link to the pictures of b*re*as*ts. Who doesn't like to see b*re*as*ts? We are all curious! Anyway, I started browsing and reading the stories about the Uncovered Project. It was interesting. MWH came home and I showed him the b*re*as*ts. He was good with the b*re*as*ts thing. Heh. Then I shut my computer and left it downstairs while he stayed with the girls and the Internet Guy and I went up to cook dinner.

When the Internet Guy was ready to configure the Internet for us, MWH grabbed my computer. He opened it and there were the b*re*as*ts. Heh. We don't know if the Internet Guy saw them or not. MWH shut the page quickly. Poor MWH. I set him up..... I didn't mean to. He and I both think it's pretty funny. (I probably think it's a bit funnier than he does though since I wasn't the one who was embarrassed.)

I have no problem with b*re*as*ts, looking at them, showing pictures of them to someone else, or in even showing mine... The problem I have is b*re*as*ts are taboo in our society.* I don't show mine to other people (even nursing, I was amazingly discreet!) because I don't like to make other people uncomfortable.

I'm guessing the Internet Installer Guy was okay with seeing the b*re*as*ts if he saw them. What do you think?

Any embarrassing or funny stories for me? If they involve b*re*as*ts or not, please share! I need distraction!




*I only spell it out with asterisks because I don't want people coming here looking for pictures and being disappointed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is pretty darned funny. I'm sure the installer guy has seen worse. The b*o*o*b*s probably made his day! Maybe even his week! lol