Thursday, November 29, 2007

improvement

I had a meeting today about 2 projects. I want to work on them both, but right now I don't have any time. The good news is that I will still work on them both, but not for many months. Woo-hoo. It was a good meeting. I was a little worried because this was part of the history of my relationship with the person I met with today. Our relationship has greatly improved.

The work improvement is that I now just have 2 projects taking my time and one idea I need to start writing about for a proposal... I think that's it for work, unless I'm forgetting something... Given my brain it's entirely likely I'm forgetting something. (I went to pick up N (5.75) at school today and I almost drove to K's school instead. Fortunately K's school is on the way to N's school from my work! Whew!)

I need to FOCUS. Having only have 3 things to worry about at work, writing the C-paper and the I-paper, and writing up my idea will hlep me focus. Three things are easier to keep track of than 5 things. Yippee!!! I have two less projects! Happy Dance!

Also, I will be teaching next semester too so that makes me responsible for 4 things. It will be the same class. I am excited to do it again. It will be good to do it again. I'll be doing most things the same, but adding in a new twist to make things work a little better (or at least that is the goal). I feel like this class is ending in a place that is better than I would have predicted in early November. In early November, I was reeling from the loss of my friend DK, so it's not surprising I wasn't very optimistic about this class.

I'm in a much better place about DK right now. I don't know if I temporarily put it away because I needed to so that I could survive the semester, or if I'm healing. I am guessing I temporarily put it away, but perhaps I will have a better perspective on it in a few more weeks. I imagine it will take a lot more processing in a few weeks.

I spoke to all three of the people who were close to her at my work today too. One of them just got hit with feeling overwhelmed by it again, one of them sounds about like me, and the other one, I just don't know him well enough to know how he is doing. The one who is feeling overwhelmed again just can't believe how hard it hit him. It is such a huge loss. Okay... stopping now...

Yea, I definitely have a great deal more processing to do. I guess I should be happy I can compartmentalize.

No comments: