Monday, October 08, 2007

juggle, juggle, splat, deep breath, juggle...

Written last Tuesday (10/2) and never published....

MWH and I have been juggling schedules and little girls for the last two weeks. Yesterday, I felt like I'd droped all the balls. I was so tired. Today, I was much better. I went to bed early and slept in a little. iNanny called and will start the trial period tomorrow. This helped me feel better.

Today, K (3) and T (2) and I played a lot. I took N (5.5) to kindergarten, did another grocery store run with them, ate lunch at home, played a lot at home, went to the park, got N and then played some more at the park. We got home and ex-nanny, not to be confused with MP, came over and hung with the little girls while I got my haircut. ~A is the winner! I NEEDED a cut and a color! Mostly a color. Did I tell you I started going grey at 20? Yea. It's not pretty.



Here and now...

Again, MWH and I are juggling. We decided it wouldn't work very well with iNanny. Her schedule was pretty rigid. She had other responsibilities and it was going to mean that we would have to make sure our lives fit in with hers. We didn't want to be in that position again. Not a good fit. The issues I mentioned were also numerous and really, we didn't want to go there again. More on issues later!

Tomorrow, n3nny will come for a trial day. Now is the time I start to worry about the hiring of the nanny. I think n3nny is a much better fit and I do hope that it works out for us and her. If we keep having "trial periods" with lots of different nannies, I will worry about the girls... You know, how will they form strong emotional bonds with people if we keep switching the people. iNanny started forming bonds with the girls... that was the point of the trial period. When you hear about the issues, I think you'll agree that we made the right decision. Hindsight is 20/20, and I should have realized she could have these issues but I was going in with an open mind. Perhaps I should be more cynical?

Okay... A more fun post soon... I hope! I want to be done with the nanny search. It's not fun. I am glad we decided to use the nanny agency. It's scary getting a nanny, but they screen lots of candidates and they are a good agency. Maybe someday I'll be able to get a chance to write-up more thoughts about getting a nanny. I probably have enough fodder from my experiences for a book! Maybe that's my next endeavor...

No comments: