Thursday, August 16, 2007

Still...

I got an email about kitten adoption.... I'm a sucker for no-kill animal shelters and they know it. I'm on several mailing lists... I usually ignore emails because, if I don't, I quickly decide we need 50 more cats (or dogs, or whatever animal they feature).

Today, for some reason, I followed the link in the email.

Big Mistake.

I ended up in tears.

I still miss my boy.

It's now been 2.5 years since I got to pet his soft fur. The other day, I was looking at his pictures. I took pictures a week before he did and the morning of his death. I finally am realizing that I waited until pretty much the inevitable end was nigh. He didn't look so good the morning of his death. Getting the vet to come and help him pass peacefully was really really hard, but it was done at the right time. He would have suffered a lot more if I hadn't. He was suffering from congestive heart failure and his death, most likely, would not have been peaceful.

He was the best cat for me. He and I were lucky to have found each other.

Read more about him... (He has a whole website and if you want to see it, email me.)

No comments: