Friday, August 31, 2007

Need more of this

One evening this week, I took the little girls to the park with Mary Poppins. MWH met us over there after work and MP went home. It was a fun evening. We played for a little over an hour and then went home. When we got home, our neighbors were playing outside. The kids played and the adults chatted. It was fun in a low-key sort of way. We like our next-door neighbors. They're a little younger than us, but not too much. They have kids (almost 3 and almost 1). It works.

It was fun being outside around dusk on a late summer evening. It felt like we were in a less crazy and stressful era. I liked it. We ate dinner late, and the girls got to bed a little late, but it was fun.




Tonight, I picked up the girls early and MWH left work a little early. We went to the library fountains and let the girls play. I ended up stripping T (2) down to her diaper and letting her run around like that....(I don't normally let the girls run around in just diapers, but we were going out to dinner and she would have been completely soaked if I hadn't have done that). (Note to self, pack a change of clothes for all the girls in my car!) N (5.5) and K (3) did an okay job of staying dry.

At dinner, the little girls were pretty good. MWH and I got to eat and not chase them. It was a good night. I like the fact that I had two low-stress nights this week. I need more of this in my life. This is why I'm making the transitions that I'm making. I shouldn't be as stressed as I am. It's not good for me. It's not good for the little girls. It's not necessary.

No comments: